Book Lovers Day 2019 is Tomorrow, so Drop Everything
Book Lovers Day 2019 is tomorrow, so you should probably clear your schedule.
The origins of Book Lovers Day is unknown. But the Internet seems to agree that it started sometime in the 2000s.
True Book Addict mentions the unofficial holiday in 2012.
Going back even further, Google Trends shows the first searches for Book Lovers Day occurred in July 2004. In the U.S., where the holiday is called National Book Lovers Day, searches for that name started in July 2006.
Whenever it started, one thing is clear about Book Lovers Day: It’s about books.
You’re probably already planning to spend time tomorrow reading. But now you have a reason to read even more.
And if you’re looking for a great place to enjoy your book, these libraries are worth considering.
Below are some things happening around the U.S. to mark Book Lovers Day 2019.
Is there a Book Lovers Day 2019 event taking place in your neck of the woods? Mention it in the comments.
Book Lovers Day 2019 Events
- Local authors host story time in Jensen Beach, FL.
- “Free mementos” are being handed out at a library in L.A.
- There’s a book sale at a bookshop in Huntington, W.V.
- A Citrus Springs, FL, library is hosting a Book Lovers Day craft time.
- An event in Redondo Beach, CA, celebrates the holiday and the release of Melissa de la Cruz’s new book, The Birthday Girl.
- A hotel in New York City is giving free coffee to guests and non-guests in its Creative Room.
- In Tampa, kids can enjoy Book Lovers Day 2019 at the Glazer Children’s Museum.