How was your Halloween?
We spent ours hoping the local ghouls and goblins stayed dry.
Who am I kidding? Kids don’t dress up as ghosts or monsters anymore. It seems like at least half the trick-or-treaters at our house had to explain to me who they were. (What’s an “avenger?”)
On the topic of cultural change, this week’s interview is with writer Wendy Mitman Clarke. She wrote a novel set in the disappearing culture of Chesapeake Bay watermen. Her book is a fantastic story, and I hope you think her interview is, too.
Your book lists for the week are below. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Bidwell Hollow newsletter. And if you’re in a part of the U.S. that observes Daylight Savings Time, don’t forget to fall back this weekend.
Seasonal Book Lists
- 12 best new books for fall 2019
- Five new books you shouldn’t miss
- 13 books to watch for in November
- Favorite Halloween books from The Wall Street Journal
- The top 10 books about graveyards
- 9 witchy new books for Halloween
- 31 scary books perfect for Halloween